Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Apple Streusel Muffins



I made these tonight and they are delicious. I skipped the nuts because my family doesn't like nuts but I think that would really add a little something. My family loved them, I hope you do too.

Apple Streusel Muffins

1 package apple cinnamon muffin mix
1 large tart apple, peeled and diced
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
3 tablespoon brown sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour (If the topping isn't crumbly add more flour until it is)
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Glaze
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons milk

Prepare muffin mix according to package directions; fold in apple.

Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins.

Nutritional stuff as determined by me:
Servings: 8
Calories: 224
Fat: 8 g
Carbs: 37 g
Dietary fiber: 1 g
Protein: 2 g

No comments: