Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Chicken Chasseur with Egg Fettuccine

This was yummy. I had the baby carrots leftover so I cooked them up too. I thought the sauce had too much wine but my husband liked it the way it was. So here it is just as the recipe called for it. I didn't have all the spices I needed so I went without those. I really liked the pasta, I forgot how much I love egg pasta.

Chicken Chasseur with Egg Fettuccine

Pasta
Salt to taste
1 pound fresh egg fettuccine
3 tablespoons butter
1 large shallot, finely chopped
12 blades fresh chives, chopped
A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped

Chicken
1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 & 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets, cut into large pieces (3 per breast)
2 tablespoons butter
10 baby carrots, thinly sliced
1 rounded teaspoon sugar
2 large shallots, minced
1 cup dry red wine
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
4 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves stripped and chopped.

Put a large pot of water over high heat for the pasta. When water boils, add salt and pasta. Cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain.

Start the chicken: Mix thyme, salt, pepper, and flour in a dish. Coat chicken in flour, set aside. Discard flour. Heat olive oil and butter in large , deep skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken 4 minutes on each side and remove. Put carrots in pan, sprinkle with sugar, and cook 1 minute. Add shallots and cook 3 to 5 minutes to soften. Add wine and cook to reduce by half. Add tomatoes and tarragon and return chicken to pan. Give the pan shake. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, another 3 to 5 minutes.

Back to the pasta: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook 5 minutes. Add herbs and toss in egg fettuccine. Serve along side chicken.

Nutritional stuff as determined by me:
Servings: 4
Calories: 933
Fat: 41 g
Carbs: 55 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protien: 77

No comments: